Plastic Surgery helps diminish the signs of aging, damage from the sun, and refine features to give balance and pleasing proportion to the face and body. In this article we will focus on most used plastic surgery terms and their meaning.
You will also find a PDF document below having all the plastic surgery terms. The plastic surgery terms are divided according the places where they are applied.
- Rhytidectomy / Face lift to minimize the wrinkles by removal of excess facial skin.
- Collagen or Botox injections added to improve deep creases in the forehead or frown lines between your eyebrows. Botox injections paralyze or freeze the face muscles to prevent them from developing wrinkles.
- Browplasty / Forehead lift elevates eyebrows, smooths forehead skin.
- Blepharoplasty to reshape the upper or lower eyelid or to remove fat, usually along with excess skin and muscle, from the upper and lower eyelids that may form with age.
- Rhinoplasty / Nose surgery to mend or modify the nose or simply saying reshape the nose.
- Otoplasty to reshape the ear, mostly to bring the ears closer to the head.
- Cheek augmentation to reshape the cheekbones using an implant.
- Lip enhancement: surgical improvement of lips’ fullness through enlargement.
- Mentoplasty / Chin Augmentation to reshape the chin using an implant.
- Orthognathic Surgery manipulation of the facial bones through controlled fracturing.
- Laser Hair Removal procedure removes unwanted body hair permanently.
- Hair Restoration procedure transplants hair from one part of the head to another part of the head.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure decreases the wrinkles that develop on the skin due to exposure to the sun.
- Facial Scar Revision reduces the sign of facial scars caused by a wide variety of sources including accidents, surgery, a burn or acne.
- Breast Augmentation, breast reduction and breast lift to enlarge, reduce and reshape the breasts.
- Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck to reshape the abdomen make it more firm.
- Buttock Augmentation is performed either to lift or to enlarge the buttocks through insertion of implants or fat grafting and transfer from other areas of body.
- Liposuction to remove the fat from different parts of the body, typically from the abdomen, buttock and thighs. The three types are tumescent, ultrasonic and super-wet.
- Abdominal Liposuction procedure for re-contouring the belly by permanently removing fat deposits from the abdomen.
- Phalloplasty / Penile Liposuction construction (or reconstruction) of a penis or, sometimes, artificial modification of the penis by surgery, often for cosmetic purposes.
- Sex Reassignment Surgery procedure of sex Change Surgery either by Masculinizing Surgery (female-to-male) or Feminizing Surgery (male-to-female).
Other terms are in the following PDF » DOWNLOAD