Same like twins HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S3 are common in most of aspects. These two powerful slate sized touch screen based smartphones equipped with the greatest and latest technology available today. The HTC One X comes with Jelly bean Android 4.1 operating system where as Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with Ice cream sandwich 4.0. Recently, Samsung allowed its users to upgrade their phone with latest Jelly Bean 4.1 OS. Samsung Galaxy S3 has large display 4.8 inch screen Super AMOLED compared to HTC’s 4.7 inch Super LCD 2 display. These two smartphones featured with Coring Gorilla Glass 2 display. The SGS3 has storage of 16GB compared to massive 64GB storage in HTC One X. But, Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with MicroSD slot which is the main advantage of this smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with latest 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad-Core processor and HTC one is powered with 1.7GHz Tegra 3 Quad-Core processor. HTC One X comes with brighter IPS LCD 2 display with a complete set of sub-pixels, best audio system and impressive polycarbonate unibody. Samsung Galaxy S3 is featured with better sunlight legibility, higher display contrast, S Beam option which is easy to transfer files, S voice which is natural language dictation and command, user accessible 210mAh battery.
Both smartphones featured with 8 megapixel rear facing cameras and 1080p video recording. Both cameras are identical in precision and quality. There is a slight difference in front facing cameras, SGS3 comes with 720p video capture and 1.9 megapixel front facing camera which is best suitable for video calling, whereas HTC One X powered with 720p video capture and 1.6 megapixel front facing camera which is slightly lower than SGS3.
Samsung’s new camera features
Samsung unveiled new features in its amazing camera which offers more options than typical Android based smartphone. You can focus on image by just tapping on the phone and you can easily lock the focus by just holding and tapping again. By default, you will get autofocus on the centre of the picture, but you can change the location of focus by tapping anywhere on the screen.
- Burst Mode: This option allows you to take nearly 20 shots at a time with up to six frames per second in one shot just by pressing the shutter button. This is well suitable to take moving objects with good light. You can even select best mode option where camera captures eight shots and selects the best shot based on focus.
- Smile shot: Smile shot is another awesome feature which looks for smiley faces and automatically triggers the shutter when all faces are smiling.
- Camera Easy snap: With the help of face detection and talk back setting, the device can detect faces on the camera preview.
- Buddy Photo share: With a single click you can easily share your images to other Samsung devices which supports the features. But Android Wi-Fi Direct technology is needed to share your photos. It uses facial recognition to match with contact photos.
- Contextual tag: After taking the snap, you can easily tag date, weather and place immediately.
To unify the both camera and camcorder, HTC One is powered with ImageSense Camera suit unlike SGS3’s TouchWiz camera which is fairly customised and intuitive to use. HTC One X has backside illuminated sensor 8 megapixel camera, continues shooting mode, video stabilisation, still photo capture while recording video, LED flash, custom filter effects, HDR and panorama modes, 32GB internal storage and many other exciting features. Just you can tap to focus and exposure which is a common option in all the smart phones but whereas in SGS3 you can’t expose the image with tapping. You can change shooting parameters easily by adjusting scene brightness with exposure comparison. For white balance preset, you should select ISO sensitivity manually. To control shadow detail and highlight, HTC One X is equipped with multi-shot HDR mode. Both the smartphones have the option of panorama mode to capture 9160X2265 wide image file which is common in Android based smartphones. Wider lens used in Samsung Galaxy S3 is the added advantage to capture pictures clearly compared to HTC One X. Photo quality is better in SGS3 compared to HTC One X when images are tested in photo comparison tool.
If you love photography, opt for SGS3 smartphone which is slightly better than HTC One X. If you are purchasing your phone with your credit card, make sure you use the one which already has payment protection insurance. You can approach ppi claims companies to clarify all your doubts.