World Graphics Day or World Communication Design Day is annually celebrated on 27th of April. The day is the founding date of Icograda which was founded on 27 of April,1963. This year, it is also 50th anniversary of Icograda. The day is globally celebrated by organizing designer hackathon, talks, debates, presentations, social and community programs and also participatory communication design work.
Similarly, Graphic Designers’ Community Nepal celebrated World Graphics Day with designer meet, presentation and talk show in Yala Maya Kendra, Patan Dhoka, Nepal. The program was organized by a graphic designers group created in Facebook, co-organized by Startup Weekend Kathmandu and supported by local advertising agencies called V-Chitra and Business Advantage.
The talk show covered almost all basic aspect of graphic design and communication skills. Going into details, the talk show consisted topics like logo development, graphic design for web, Nepali fonts / typographic, user experience, creative direction, advertising and market. More detail of the program is covered in amWRit’s blog post. The event was attended by around 50 local designers and professionals and the feedback from the event was very positive. This is first ever program conducted in Nepal which is solely focused on graphic designers’ community.
Important Links -
- For more photos (You need to join group to view content) – www.facebook.com/groups/gdofworld/permalink/596899050329763/
- Facebook designers group address – www.facebook.com/groups/gdofworld
- Graphic Designers’ Community website link – www.gd977.com
- More on program talk – amwrit.blogspot.com/2013/04/graphic-designers-meet-2013-nepal.html
- Icograda link – www.icograda.org